April 4, 2011

bossiness and new sheets

Not so long ago, I wrote about my bargain fabric buy, the green and white Orla Kiely king duvet cover.  A couple of weekends ago I finally got round to measuring and cutting it up to make a duvet cover and pillow case for Ollie's bed.  What with all the sickness we have had lately, especially the little guys, I held off putting the new bedding on his little bed.  A few days ago, after the boys were feeling a little better, on went the new sheets and I was a tad excited about Ollie's reaction as I took him to his room to see his mama's handiwork.  Turns out I needn't have bothered as my son, who is a creature of habit and not entirely welcoming of change exclaimed, 'Mummy, take it OFF the bed!'  Bossy pants.

I told him not to be so silly, the sheets were staying on and actually he accepted it and moved on to the next thing.  And since then, he's been quite happy to be tucked into his comfy, duvet laden bed.  It could be the autumn chill in the air (not by northern hemisphere standards, but a chill nonetheless), or just that he's a guy and well, they just don't care much for pretty sheets do they?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...