February 4, 2011

asparagus vichyssoise

courtesy of our mate, Yotam Ottolenghi.

We might be run off our feet, but we have to eat, and I'm pleased to say that we have managed at least one new dish a week so far this year, sometimes even two!  This week we've had spinach pancakes and grilled haloumi (delicious and a total hit with the kids too, I will do these again and write about it) and last night I made asparagus vichyssoise**, which is chilling in the fridge as I write this, waiting for warm crusty bread and the rest of last night's red wine, which I am going to enjoy guzzling very, very, VERY much when Will gets home.

Ah Fridays.  I love you.


** only had one leek, so substituted the other with a few spring onions, samphire was never going to be available here, so I left it out. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...