December 6, 2010

quilt top complete!

This post was going to be titled 'making a start', then it was going to be called 'quilt in progress' but much to my surprise, I've made more progress on this little project in two days than I gave myself credit for!  

















And here it is, a quilt top, which I started two days ago, now complete. I think it took about 8 hours from first cut, which is pretty good going since it's only my second ever quilt.  I'm hoping to machine quilt it and I've bought a new walking foot for my little sewing machine.  I'm not sure how I'm going to go about it, but I've come this far and I'm determined to give machine quilting a go.

It's a Christmas gift so I'm keen to finish the quilting soon so that it will be ready in time - another reason for machine quilting.  And time (as ever) is scarce as the next few weekends (including the holiday season) will most likely be occupied by us working on the house as recently we've managed to create more jobs than we have the time (and possibly) the skills to complete.  (Cleaning the outside of our house seemed like a good idea until it became apparent we actually need to paint it).

And so, after all my procrastinating, I'm really happy with how it looks so far.  All it really takes is that first cut and some commitment (and little boys that sleep).

4 comments:

leslie said...

this is gorgeous! love the colours and that cloud print is perfection.

Mandy said...

thank you! i tried machine quilting this last night and it didn't go very well. that cloud fabric was from a local quilting store and was leftover from a quilt i made for my little boy's first birthday.

Angel Funk said...

Wow, that looks GREAT! I love all the blue. LOVE IT!!!!

Brooke said...

You are such a dynamo! How on earth did you get all that done in 8 hours??!!! A-mazing! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...