February 26, 2010

virtue and moir

Since I was a little girl, I've loved watching figure skating.  (I'm pretty sure it's the reason I think the Winter Olympics are so much better than the regular Olympics!)











































I find pairs skating particularly impressive and lately, I'm digging Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, the Canadian champions.  They are such a striking couple, their costumes are so understated but beautiful, a far cry from the spangle we've come to expect from ice skating.  I've been loving watching all the clips I can find of Virtue and Moir, but this one is my favourite.  I especially love the music (the title theme from the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg) and Tessa Virtue is so very pretty too.


























What a shame the Winter Olympics will be over in a couple of days; I feel like I've watched hardly any of the coverage.

(Photos from here)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...