February 23, 2010

moon






















We've always enjoyed watching a good film but since Ollie was born, our trips to the cinema have been few and far between.  In fact we've only been once in the last two years.  So, I keep a list (another list) of the movies that we'd like to watch when they are available to rent, usually influenced by Margaret and David (At the Movies) and trailers we see.  So, rather than turning up to the video store and wondering where to start, the list means we usually come away with a film we actually want to watch.  (And don't get me started on how useful this is on $1 Tuesdays.)

One movie which only recently made it onto the list is Moon, and I thought it fitting to share this with you after Ollie's lunar discovery of the weekend.  We watched it this evening (it's $1 Tuesday).  Not entirely what I was expecting, it was a reasonably short, well paced, intriguing story. There were a few things that didn't entirely make sense to me, but I liked it. I like Sam Rockwell. I'm really not very good at reviewing things.  7/10.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...