June 27, 2013
Points to note:
- No gifts: It seems unfair for little Hugo who doesn't have much of his own, but seriously, he doesn't need or want for a thing. He is surrounded by toys and clothes and love. Far better that our guests each give a few bucks to charity instead.
- It's gonna be red, white, blue, guests are expected to adorn one or all of those colours. Berets optional.
- There will be champagne. Normally I don't condone drinking (ahem) at a kid's party. Well, it's not so much that I don't condone it, but it's more that it's really not necessary (it's a kid's party!) but no champagne at a Bastille Day party? Don't be nuts. And by champagne I probably mean slightly-better-than-average Australian sparkling wine.
- The invitation features the same bunting I used on the first birthday invitations of Ollie and Max. This makes me very happy.
- Hugo is going to be one. ONE.