June 30, 2010

snug as a bug in a rug

With the onset of winter we bought Oliver his very first duvet and pillow.  I've been looking forward to giving him some nice bedding as he's been sleeping in his sleep cocoon since he was a few months old and he's now in a room with no heating which means it can get very cold in his room at night.  And, speaking from experience, it's also really nice to snuggle into a big comfy pillow and duvet in the winter.

I couldn't find any sheet sets that I liked so I bought a double bed flannel sheet set and cut it up to sew two little duvet covers and adjusted the pillow cases to fit his new little pillow.  Super soft flannel sheets are hard to resist.

He's ever so cute snuggling into his pillow and it's lovely to tuck him in at night (when he's in the mood).  I actually think his new bedding has made bed time a bit smoother, at least while the novelty is still there.  Who can resist a lovely soft wool duvet and a pillow to sink into?  Not me.

I know it's not much of a milestone but it's one of those things that makes me feel that Ollie is growing up so I thought it was worth a mention, especially since it also resulted in a rare sewing moment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...