June 1, 2010

fuzzy and blue...

Lately, I haven't been feeling so good.  I've been tired ever since Max was born and while he's a good little boy and I have the unending support of my husband (I can't imagine doing any of this without him), I am finding breastfeeding, looking after Ollie and dealing with sleep deprivation exhausting.  After dealing with the first of the winter's colds (which had me sleeping during the day, something I rarely do) and trying to recover my sleep deficit, I now have an unsettling bug that's left me nauseous and without appetite.  And at the end of last week, I heard some particularly sad news about a good friend of a good friend who took his own life.  I can't stop thinking about him, his loved ones, the beautiful wife he left behind and the talent that he was.

I know I have a lot to be thankful for, and there are those that deal with so much more with little support but for now, I'm a bit glum and hope the next few days bring the energy and good health to help me make the most of this precious time with my boys.

(Update:  I've got giardia!  A little confusing as we can't work out how I could have got it but that's what it is.  Good news is that it's been diagnosed.  The bad news is I've had to stop breastfeeding Max for four days while I am treated.  There's enough breastmilk in our freezer for a couple of days so we are having to supplement his feeds with formula.  It's with some reluctance as he's so young, but it's important that I'm better again and can carry on breastfeeding him as soon as possible.  What a relief to know I've not been imagining my ailments!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...